The High Gothic Castle Karlstejn is the unique architectural construction, which was founded in 1348. It is located just 30 minutes drive from Prague. The Castle impresses with its original step by step structure, starting from the lowest and ending with 60-meter Grand Tower.
Its organic and unique architecture, provides an unforgettable romantic impression on the newlyweds at the wedding day, accompanying them to the fairy world of their happy future life together. Karlstejn Castle was built during the reign of King Charles IV, who was Czech King and Roman Emperor. The castle served as a place for safekeeping of the royal treasures, especially Charles’s collection of holy relics and the coronation jewels of the Roman Empire.
The King Charles IV himself supervised the construction works and interior decoration, especially the chapel of the castle. The castle’s construction was completed in 1365, after the lighting of the chapel of the Holy Cross, located in the Great Tower. The castle was reconstructed in 1480 in late Gothic style and again in the last quarter of the 16th century in the Renaissance style. The actual view to the castle was provided by architect Josef Mocker in the late 19th century during the renovation works, which was conducted in a spirit of purism, in the Gothic Revival style.
Ceremony type: Civil.
Ceremony days: Friday, Saturday.
Ceremony at the Ancestors Hall: Ceremony hall with the capacity up to 35 guests. Open air Ceremony between the Marians and Big Towers (please contact us for further information).
Romantic Package Castle Karlstejn
- Personal wedding planner for preliminary consultations and your wedding ceremony preparation process planning.
- Wedding Consultant to assist and support in the preparation of all required documents for your wedding registration.
- Legal documents court translation fees.
- Delivery of Bouquet and Boutonniere to the Hotel on the day of the wedding ceremony.
- All registration fees on the day of your wedding.
- Interpreter to translate the official part on the day of your ceremony.
- The toast for Newlyweds (bottle of Czech sparkling wine).
- Marriage certificate, translated into required language, including dispatch by express mail.
- Providing wedding witnesses, if necessary.
- Service for the guests (Hotel booking, transfers arrangement, restaurants reservation, etc.)
- Information support (Hair & Makeup, Photo & Video, Flowers & Decor, Transport, etc.)
We will be glad to personalise your wedding ceremony and tailor it according to your wishes.